Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Complaint Post

I want to complain. I shall remain calm and objective throughout the whole complaint post.

Today I went to do my part time work.. my close friends will know what company I work for.. Well briefly, my job requires me to distribute complimentary cans of XX(A type of drink) to increase public awareness and education the public about the actual effects of the drink. So everytime I work, I will need to get cartons of such drinks (24 cans in each carton, each can is 250ml), chill them in a huge cooler (cooler is in the car boot), drive around with a collegue in a company car around Singapore. Today, as usual, I wanted to get the drinks from the storeroom, where the cartons of drinks are. But they were stacked sooo highhhh.


Obviously, I can jus take the cartons from the bottom, cos all the drinks will topple. So I needed help. In the company, there are 6 guys.

So my team leader made a comment loudly "The cans are stacked so high, how can we bring them down?"

One guy answered "I also dont know, its your problem, you have to solve it yourself." Ok let me explain that these guys' job scopes do not include helping us to carry stuffs. Later, he added "Hmmm. I think you girls will need a ladder. Let me go and see where's the ladder." So off he went to find the ladder. Then he came back AND HANDED ME THE FREAKING LADDER.

"There you go~" he smiled.

So I went to the storeroom. Immediately my team leader came over to help me.

Even after standing on the ladder, my team leader couldn't really reach the top. She had to really stretch to reach. And you know lar, one carton is so heavy. Even if she managed to reach it will take a lot of strength to take it down. What I could do was stand there and help her to move those cartons that she carried down to one side. And we did all these right in front of all the guys. NONE of them came forward to help.

So what if it wasnt within their jobscope to carry those things? Not that I am so fragile that I need their help in everything. But I feel like this is sth like labour job, which us girls only have limited ability to do. Guys, if you are reading these, pls tell me I am not asking too much from the guys in the company. If i am indeed asking too much, tell me why is it so. I cannot think of a reason.

Lai lai told me "Maybe it is the company policy that guys don't help girls out."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com